- Programs in Molecular bioengineering, Nanobiophysics, and Regenerative Biology medicine
- 2 Year interdisciplinary programs with fast track to the Dresden International PhD Program possible
- no tuition fees
- taught completely in english
The M.S. Express application is a simplified process of applying to Columbia Engineering graduate M.S. programs. Available only to currently enrolled seniors at Columbia Engineering, Columbia College, Barnard, and General Studies. A minimum cumulative 3.50 GPA is required. Columbia Engineering students enrolled in majors within the 9 departments at the School may apply to any engineering M.S. program using the express application. Students enrolled at Columbia College, Barnard, or General Studies, please refer to the chart of eligible majors and corresponding M.S. engineering or applied science programs below.
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Resume or CV
- Contact information for three reference providers
- Non-refundable $85 application fee**
The Molecular Biology and Biochemistry department (MB&B) at Wesleyan University is a vibrant community of researchers who study cellular processes at the molecular level, using approaches ranging from microscopic imaging to X-ray crystallography. PhD students benefit from generous NIH and NSF support for resources rivaling those at larger universities, and a low student to faculty ratio that promotes one-on-one training. Graduate students also have the opportunity to train undergraduate students at a premier liberal arts institution, and thus hone their teaching skills for professional development.
PhD students at Wesleyan University are supported by a yearly teaching or research stipend ($31,794 for 2017-18) and a tuition waiver. Students are also encouraged to present their work at regional and national conferences with department and university support. Application to the PhD program is free.
- Application Form.
- Personal Statement describing your research experience and goals.
- Letters of recommendation from three professors or scientists familiar with the applicant's record and ability.
- Transcripts of all previous academic work at the college level.
- Graduate Record Examination and scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical, and advanced score in any appropriate field).
Questions? Contact Anika Dane (email@example.com)
Located in the heart of the mid-Atlantic region, the department has been a historical leader in the molecular sciences; and is home to thirty vibrant research groups spanning all areas of chemistry and biochemistry. Research places major emphasis in collaborative and interdisciplinary inquiry, and is supported by an impressive range of fully staffed state-of-the-art instrumentation labs and support shops. In addition, the department hosts two NIH Centers for Biomedical Research Excellence (COBREs), as well as an NIH Chemical and Biology Interface (CBI) training program. All PhD students are supported by a highly competitive stipend that is guaranteed for five years, allowing students to comfortably focus on their research and education.
Penn's Masters of Chemical Sciences (MCS) connects you with the resources of an Ivy League institution, including a faculty of leading researchers and experienced industry consultants, provides the academic and professional opportunities to achieve their unique goals. In addition this program has partnered with Axalta, the Monell Chemical Senses Center, and Glaxo-Smith-Kline (GSK) to conduct research. Applicants will need to have completed two terms of calculus, two terms of introductory chemistry and the equivalent of two terms of organic chemistry with associated labs, and two terms of physics.
- Completed online application
- Current résumé
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Application essays
- Unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary school attended uploaded through the online application system
- Two or three letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
Question? Contact Associate Director Ana-Rita Mayol (firstname.lastname@example.org)